Here is a republished call for writers to writer and get paid….
We are looking for talented writers who are ready to research and write 5 to 10 articles a week for our site. This is a great opportunity to write for a leading entertainment site, in the top 50 of all Internet websites in the United States. Don’t take our word for it, check the Quantcast numbers: http://bit.ly/2jEjVqp.
Here are some examples of the type of writing we love that we’ve published recently:
People Who Went Toe to Toe with Wild Animals (And Won): http://bit.ly/2igHCjv
21 Random Things You Never Knew About Satanism: http://bit.ly/2igFMPK
Pictures That Will Make You Say “Oh That’s How They Do That”: http://bit.ly/2jvZBnf
Which Era Would You Want to Live In?: http://bit.ly/2iGRWlR
You Had No Idea Brendan Fraser Is Living the Modern Celebrity Nightmare: http://bit.ly/2iGC5DN
This is an assignment and pitch-heavy gig. You will be expected to pitch ideas for articles that will do well on social media and take assignments that are handed to you by our editors and run with them. If your ideas are good, we’ll accept lots of your pitches. If you turn in good writing in a timely manner, we’ll give you lots of assignments. If we *really* think you’re great (and you live in the Los Angeles area), we’ll ask you to come work for us full-time.
This is a paid, remote opportunity. Candidates will be compensated for their work on a per-article basis, based on the length of assignment and level of research required.
Here’s what you’ll need for us to trust you with tons of assignments:
- Advanced, thorough research skills.
- Writing chops that enable you to create an article about anything in a clear, informative, and fun style.
- Deep interest and knowledge in specific entertainment genres, franchises, and niche interests, so we can assign you articles about topics on which you’re an expert.
If this sounds exciting, here’s what we need from you:
- Resume and completed application
- Cover letter giving color/examples of how you meet and exceed the qualifications listed above. And yes, we are looking at your cover letter to get an idea of your writing style, so smart, funny letters really stand out.
- One writing sample (in the form of a list) that is relevant to this job description (don’t send SEO writing or journalistic long-form, since that’s not what we’re looking for)
- 5 list ideas you would write for us, with two example items that would be on each list.
- List of topics you are interested in writing about: please be as broad as possible, as we’re always looking for writers that have really unique interests.
- How many assignments you expect to be able to write for us per week, and please keep in mind that we are only looking for freelancers who have enough time to turn in no fewer than 5 assignments per week.